Are you sick of receiving spam and telemarketing calls? Unwanted calls are often annoying, and they irritate you the most when you are preoccupied with work or a meeting. People frequently miss important calls as a result of frequent calls because they keep their smartphones in silent mode.
These spam calls can occasionally also be fraudulent calls that target recipients while posing as coming from a bank or another false identity. People attempt to block contacts to stop these calls. It is impossible to block every single spam phone number, though. However, there is a way to block and report spam calls in bulk and stop getting spam calls and messages.
Let’s look at how you can stop getting these telemarketing or spam calls.
How to activate Do Not Disturb for any number?
To assist people in preventing spam calls, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) launched the National Customer Preference Register (NCPR), formerly the National Do Not Call Registry (NDNC) initiative. A person can sign up for the program to stop all telemarketing calls or communications from particular industries.
Activate DND on your number
- Open your SMS app and type START.
- Now send this message to 1909.
- Your service provider will send you a list of categories, e.g., Banking, hospitality, and others, with their code.
- Reply with the code for the category which you want to block.
- Your telecom service provider sends you a message confirming your request. The DND service will start within 24 hours.
According to the National Consumer Preference Register, activating DND will only stop unwanted commercial calls from third parties; it won’t stop SMS notifications from your bank, emails from online portals and services, personal calls from third parties, etc.
Through your telecom service providers, you can also enable DND services. This step-by-step tutorial shows you how to register DND on Jio, Airtel, and Vodafone.
How to activate DND on Jio
- Go to the MyJio app.
- Now open Settings -> Service settings -> Do not disturb.
- Select the categories you want to block from receiving calls and messages.
Activate DND on Airtel
- Visit airtel’s official site – airtel in/airtel-dnd.
- Enter your mobile number
- Enter the OTP received on your number to verify.
- Select the categories you wish to block.
How to activate DND on Airtel
- Open discover. Vodafone in/dnd.
- Enter your mobile number, email address, and name.
- Select the categories you wish to block from getting marketing calls.
How to activate DND on BSNL
- Send the message “start dnd” to 1909 from your BSNL number.
- From the received option, select the categories you want to block.
- You can also choose from modes including voice call, SMS, or all.
— END —