One of the most widely used instant messaging programs, WhatsApp has almost 2 billion active users. In order to better serve its enormous user base, the Meta-owned app offers a number of other functions in addition to texting and calling. Group calling, community features, and sharing status are some of these features. Similar to Facebook and Instagram, WhatsApp’s Status feature enables you to send end-to-end encrypted text, image, video, and GIF updates that vanish after 24 hours.
The name of the person who viewed a WhatsApp story can be seen by the person who posted it. Although the tool does let us know who is seeing your daily status updates, there are instances when we choose to stay anonymous when we look at someone’s stories. And WhatsApp includes a tool to allow you to view a story without appearing in the viewers’ list to aid in your privacy. Let’s examine every method that could be used to check WhatsApp stories without the other person knowing.
1. Disable WhatsApp read-receipt
Not only will disabling read receipts remove the blue ticks from your chat, but it will also enable you to examine someone’s status without alerting them. You won’t, however, be able to see the views on your WhatsApp status after
To turn off read-receipt,
1. Open WhatsApp on your smartphone Tap the three-dot menu
2. And You can see the Settings in the top right corner and select Settings.
3. Click on Accounts and select Privacy.
4. Now disable the toggle for Read Receipts.
2. View WhatsApp story offline
Open WhatsApp and give the app some time to load the Stories. Turn off mobile data or WiFi in your phone, then launch the story you wish to read.
3. Turn on incognito mode
Open WhatsApp for the web while in incognito mode if you are using WhatsApp desktop. The stories will be visible to you without alerting the other individual.
4. Open WhatsApp file in File Manager
There is yet another method for Android users to see WhatsApp tales. All of your WhatsApp media that has been saved in the WhatsApp folder is accessible. Given that-
1. Open File Manager > Internal Storage > WhatsApp > Media.
2. Now open the folder named ‘Statuses.’
2. In this folder, you will be able to see images or videos shared by contacts on WhatsApp.